Living in a Residential Care Home is a wonderful opportunity to make new friends, and with scheduled social occasions and opportunities for outings there is always something going on.
Many of our residents enjoy the regular live performances, talks, slide shows and Arts & Crafts sessions. Beautiful music from our violinist and pianist are always favourites.
We also have a lady that offers aromatherapy massage and the ancient art of Reiki – a form of alternative medicine renowned to heal and soothe – to willing residents on request.
You are also free to go out alone, or with an assistant, whichever is more appropriate.
Many of our residents really look forward to regular outings.
Popular trips have been to Westonbirt Country Park and visiting the local garden centre.
Planned outings to the theatre and concerts. We visit local attractions, shops and nearby pubs for a pub lunch! Individual one-to-one excursions are arranged. This year we have also thoroughly enjoyed a show of Maypole dancing and were treated to tunes from the mighty bagpipes. Something we will definitely have again We have regular visits from Ministers of each faith and monthly multi-denominational prayer meetings and communion.
Regular sherry parties and themed lunches feature as part of our entertainment programme. We celebrate all birthdays, Valentine ’s Day, Burns night, Each year we have an Easter Bonnet Parade and always have a prize for the best bonnet, We hold regular quizzes, bingo, dominoes and indoor bowling competitions. There’s always something to look forward to!
Our residents enjoy our planned outings to the theatre and concerts. We visit local attractions, shops and nearby pubs for a pub lunch! Individual one-to-one excursions are arranged.
Computer club on Mondays with Kay – is always a popular one, the computer is always readily available for residents either to surf the internet or catch up with friends and family situated in the 1st floor lounge.
There are no additional costs to our residents to enjoy everything on our monthly programme.
A Sample of our Monthly Entertainment & Activities Programme Below.
- 1st Tuesday: Fun games – 3pm lounge
- 2nd Wednesday: Puzzles – 3pm
- 3rd Thursday: Quiz
- 4th Friday: Bingo – 3pm
- 5th Saturday: Skittles
- 6th Sunday: Scrabble and snakes and ladders
- 7th Monday: Make a snowdrop picture
- 8th Tuesday: Hangman
- 9th Wednesday: Remember this items from yesteryear 3pm
- 10th Thursday: Mr Maestro 2pm on the Guitar
- 11th Friday: Bingo 3pm
- 12th Saturday: Games afternoon
- 13th Sunday: Quiz
- 14th Monday: Tell me game 3pm
- 15th Tuesday: Poetry afternoon, spring 3pm
- 16th Wednesday: Piano 3pm with Richard Goldsmith the Pianist
- 17th Thursday: Bingo 3pm
- 18th Friday: Memory game 3pm
- 19th Saturday: Quiz
- 20th Sunday: Skittles
- 21st Monday: Knitting afternoon
- 22nd Tuesday: Animal alphabet 3pm
- 23rd Wednesday: Paint a picture 3pm
- 24th Thursday: Bingo 3pm
- 25th Friday: Dominoes and card games
- 26th Saturday: Animal sanctuary (with real animals, rabbits, guinea pigs) etc
- 27th Sunday: Skittles
- 28th Monday: Remember this bingo 3pm
- 29th Tuesday: Write a funny story consequences
- 30th Wednesday: Piano 3pm with Richard
- 31st Thursday: Bingo 3pm and 4pm Singing for the Brain